At around 9:00 p.m. on February 10th, police observed a Chevy HHR travelling at a high rate of speed eastbound on E. Saint Patrick Street. A traffic stop was attempted on the vehicle, but it accelerated and continued east on E. Saint Patrick Street. Police pursued the HHR until it passed Cambell Street, and the decision was made to terminate the pursuit for safety reasons. Shortly after the pursuit was terminated, police received a report that a vehicle matching the suspect vehicle had been stolen. At around 9:50 p.m., police located the suspect vehicle driving in the area of Kansas City Street and East Boulevard. Police attempted a felony stop on the vehicle while it was stopped at a red light at E. North Street and Lacrosse Street. The vehicle took off again and proceeded to the parking lot at 1111 E. North Street. The suspect vehicle eventually made its way into the parking lot at 211 N. Cambell Street where the suspect driver had turned his lights off. At this point, the driver turned his vehicle and attempted to strike a patrol car. The officer was able to put the patrol car into reverse and avoid the collision. The vehicle missed the patrol car and struck a snow bank. The HHR circled around and again parked in the parking lot at 211 N. Cambell Street. Spike strips were positioned along E. Chicago Street. The vehicle eventually left the parking lot and drove over the spike strips. The HHR struck a vehicle parked along Pine Street and continued to the dead end of Pine Street south of E. Chicago Street. The suspect driver exited the car and began fleeing from the location. A responding K9 officer commanded the suspect to stop running. The suspect did not comply with commands to stop, and the K9 was sent after the suspect. The K9 bit the suspect, and police were able to take him into custody. He was identified as 20-year-old John Sutherland of Rapid City. He was ultimately placed under arrest for Aggravated Eluding, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, Obstruction, Theft of a Motor Vehicle, Reckless Driving, and Driving without a Valid License. He was transported to the Pennington County Jail.